Home Resale Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Process for Hyannis
Every home is required to by MGL 148 section 26F to have working smoke and CO alarms. You must have a certificate of compliance (26F) that shows your smoke and CO alarms meet certain standards when you sell or transfer a home. The local fire department is the authority having jurisdiction to issue a certificate of compliance (26F). The following link will bring you to informative and pertinent information.
Preparing Your Home for a Smoke and CO Alarm Inspection | Mass.gov
Guidelines for Smoke and CO Alarm Requirements
To schedule an Inspection with Hyannis Fire Department
Call 508-775-1300 Option 2 or email us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment. We typically have Fire Prevention Officers available Monday through Friday from 8 to 5pm. We book appointments approximately a week out but can book sooner if needed. The fee for the inspection is $25.00 per unit. We take cash, check, or credit cards (Only over phone or at fire headquarters).
- 26F Certificate of Compliance are valid for 60 days from the date of inspection.
- There must be a property representative present at the property when the inspection is being conducted.
- We do offer a Pre-Inspection, at no charge, for an Inspector to come to your home and review what will need to be updated or changed to ensure successful home inspection.
- Payment is due at the time of inspection. Please make checks payable to Hyannis Fire Department.
- Credit card payments over the phone are accepted, for an additional processing fee. The cost for a 26F inspection paying by credit card is $26.50.